Saturday, March 29, 2008

THE CROWN, MARCH 29, 2008

This morning Jon was feeling productive and went into the basement to sort through old boxes. Jon came upstairs and brought with him my old crown he found in a box. I do not talk about my crown, unless someone see’s it and asks me about it. When Jon and I lived in Minnesota, Jon had me place my crown on a shelf along with all his awards, and he would like me to place this crown on the shelf here in Salt Lake.

When I was 19 years old, I was entered into a beauty contest by a friend of mine. My friend filled out an application and submitted it without my knowledge, then told me about it after doing so. I promised my friend I would go through with the pageant, only if I received a telephone call regarding my application. Well, I did receive that telephone call and I followed through. This was not something I would ever have done on my own, even though I use to model. My first contest, I won. It was in a small pageant and my title was "Miss California's Dream, 1987". Since I won the first pageant, I was automatically entered into another pageant in which I did not win. I was lucky enough to meet and become very close friends with someone by doing that pageant. After my second pageant that was also the last one I entered, as this was not something I planned on doing. I do enjoy watching pageants today and I think it has something to do with knowing what goes on backstage. I really enjoyed the year I spent as a beauty queen and I was sad when I had to give up my title. I considered myself very fortunate to have won and I had a lot of fun that year! I am really glad I went through with the contest, although I lost contact with my friend who actually entered me in to it.

Jon and I recently considered the idea of entering Stephanie into a Hawaiian Tropic contest. I think with Stefanie's look she would be perfect as a Hawaiian Tropic model. One of Stefanie's friends from dance class entered the Hawaiian Tropic contest and won second place. We were happy to hear she did so well, and she is such a cute little girl.

Currently Jon and I do not have any intention of entering Stefanie into beauty pageants, unless this is something Stefanie wants to do when she is older. Jon and I will support Stefanie with whatever she wants to do. At this point we will not be doing anything, although Jon keeps mentioning to me Stefanie should do print work. Stefie and I took a few photos for Jon with my crown and we all had a good laugh. She looked so cute!








This crown is pretty large and Stefie managed
to balance it on her head really well. Unlike me,
when I won it fell off my head and rolled onto the ground.
Prior to remeber to use hair pins to hold it in place.