Wednesday, November 07, 2007

THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY, NOVEMBER 1, 2007

This evening we went to the grand opening of the Cheesecake Factory. This has been 6 plus years in the waiting. I know this sounds crazy, but Jon and I love the food at the restaurant. Jon and I have been to many Cheesecake Factory locations in many different states, and most recently on our trips to Las Vegas. Occasionally I would wish we had a Cheesecake Factory in Utah and I think it was something about not having a restaurant in the state, either way we are happy to have a restaurant.

I happened to be at the mall two days before the opening and I saw a very small sign about the grand opening. Thinking there would probably not be a lot of people attending we made plans to go for dinner. When we arrived we saw a line waiting to enter the restaurant and Theresa and I thought the restaurant had not opened yet. We were wrong, it took us 15 minutes to go around the corner and another 15 minutes to get inside and put our names on the list. We took our beeper and went into the mall to waste time when we thought we had an hour wait. We ended up waiting 2 hours by the time we sat down to have dinner. Jon and I have never waited more than 20 minutes at any restaurant, but we waited. Stefanie was given bread and bananas to snack on while we waited. Unfortunately, by the time we were seated at the table Stefanie was alseep.

The food portions were much larger than normal and we all had plenty of left overs. The food was excellent!! We all had a great dinner and Theresa loved the banana cheesecake. Anyone who has not had a chance to go to the restaurant I highly recommend it, and definitely expect to wait at least one hour.





Waiting in line outside.






Too exhausted from the wait.