Saturday, July 22, 2006

JULY






Testing out her new tent on a hot summer day.








First hair cut with Andrea (all done)
















Wearing Daddy's hat





Stefanie has changed a lot and her personality is really starting to come out. She is full of smiles, laughter, hugs, kisses. Recently she started to become a lot more affectionate with Jon. On July 21 (yesterday) Jon came home and she said, "Hi Daddy" and gave Jon a kiss. This is a big difference as she would only kiss him when she wanted and would push him away even if he was holding her.

Stefanie had her first hair cut this month and points at absolutely everything. She is working on the word: artwork and paintings, although she knows what they are and points at them. She seems to be picking up things quickly even though she cannot say the words just yet. Stefanie is obsessed with lights and her newest word is "Chives" yes the herb. I cannot believe our daughter has managed to say Yeah, Daddy, Hi, Chives and is starting to work on fifth word artwork before she even says Mama. She and I work on pictures as I walk her around the house and show her pictures of family explaining who everyone is. Everywhere Stefanie goes she practices her wave hello saying hi to everything from people to food. Its really cute and I am always laughing.

Stefanie and I continue to work on bye bye and yesterday she said bye. I have started to work on colors, letters of the alphabet and words associating them with physical eye contact and touch depending on what I am showing her. We have lessons on fruit and vegetables when we eat or I am cooking. Stefanie loves to walk around the house while I hold her touching the leaves on my artifical trees very gently. She is still confused when I show her real house plants or flowers with leaves as she seems to understand leaves on trees. We will continue to work on this.

Stefanie does not really watch television as she will glance over but will dance at the sound of music. She dances when we are out shopping and dances to television commercials, anything with music she absolutely loves.

Jon and I finally purchased Stefanies bedroom furniture and the room looks great. This month has gone by so quickly. Fourth of July was spent indoors as it rained. On July 24 we will be celebrating Pioneer Day and I will take more photos.

Here are some photos of this month.